Let Your Taxes Make an Impact
The Georgia Education Tax Credit program allows you to redirect a portion of your state tax liability to help the boys and girls at Southwest Georgia Academy. The degree of impact is determined by your tax filing status: individual ($1,000), married filing jointly ($2,500), LLC's, Pass-Through Entities and S Corporations (up to $10,000 per partner) and C corporations (up to 75% of state tax liability).
The process is simple and takes about 3 minutes to complete. Click here to reserve your spot. Only those who sign up by December 15, 2017 may participate.
Would you like more information? Click below to read more about this important program and how it helps the children at Southwest Georgia Academy. You may also contact Jacki Lockart at 229-254-9695 or Charlie Mathis at 229-254-1909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia Education Expense Tax
Your Taxes—Your Choice: Impact the Boys
and Girls at Southwest Georgia Academy .
As a taxpayer in the state of Georgia, did you know you have the ability to impact
the boys and girls at Southwest Georgia Academy through the Georgia Education Expense Tax Credit program? Since 2008, it has allowed individuals, limited liability and
corporate taxpayers in the state of Georgia to prepay and redirect a portion of their annual Georgia tax obligation to an independent school of their choice, such as Southwest Georgia Academy. The tax credits are as follows:
- A single individual can redirect up to $1,000
- A married couple filing individually can redirect up to $1,250 each
- A married couple filing jointly can redirect up to $2,500
- An individual who is a member of a limited liability company (LLC),
- shareholder of an “S” Corporation, or partner in a partnership (passthrough
- entity) can redirect up to $10,000 per partner
- A “C” corporation can redirect up to 75% of their annual Georgia tax
The redirected and pre-paid portion of the Georgia tax obligation is submitted to a Student Scholarship Organization (such as GaSSO) that, in turn, remits the funds to
Southwest Georgia Academy. These funds provide financial assistance to the boys and girls atSouthwest Georgia Academy School. Our SSO of choice is the Georgia Student Scholarship Organization - GaSSO (http://www.georgiasso.us/).
The online portal to reserve your 2018 dollar-for-dollar tax credit through
GaSSO is now open. No payment is necessary to complete the form (payment is
not due until early 2018).
The secure online process takes about 3 minutes to complete and can be done in
3 easy steps:
- Determine your tax filing status (please see above).
- Have your full name, address and social security number ready (and the social security number of your spouse, if married filing jointly).
- Click here to be taken to GaSSO’s secure website to complete the form.
In January 2018, you will receive a letter from GaSSO letting you know how
much funding was approved by the state of Georgia and what amount you are
eligible to contribute. You will then be given a deadline to submit your
contribution, which can be easily done on GaSSO’s secure website. Once your
payment has been received, GaSSO will send you a confirmation of your tax
credit for your records and to share with your tax preparer.
Please feel free to contact Jacki Lockart or Charlie Mathis, Southwest Georgia Academy Georgia Tax Credit Coordinator, with any questions you may have: Jacki Lockart at 229-254-9695 or Charlie Mathis at 229-254-1909 or email email@example.com