End of School Year Updates
After sending out the initial letter stating that graduation will be on Thursday, May 21st at 8:00 PM in the Wayne Proffitt Gymnasium, I wanted to follow up with an additional list of more updates regarding the end of the school year. Please understand that SGA has two goals regarding the end of the school year. First, we want to especially honor, celebrate and incorporate all of the Warrior traditions. This is indeed not the spring we expected or initially planned, however, it is still such an exciting time for our Senior students and their families, and we are excited to have most of the memories still as much available as possible during this time.
Secondly, we want to adhere to the orders coming from the Governor’s office regarding the health and safety for everyone involved. This includes social distancing and immediate household requirements. Having said that, here are a few important updates concerning other end of year traditions:
- Elementary teachers are directly working with each of their grades to decide a time to pick up student’s supplies left in the classroom. They will contact you directly, if not already.
- The Kindergarten Class of 2020’s Graduation is still being discussed and will be determined at a later date.
- Locker clean out and book return will be Monday, May 18th from 8AM-12 PM. Students will go to each classroom to turn in books to teachers. If you cannot come at this time, please contact us, and we will work something out.
- The modified Honor’s Day and Athletic Program will be on Facebook, Thursday, May 14th.
- After much consideration and communication between schools and our Board, the Jr./Sr. Prom has been cancelled.
As I have written before, thank you for your understanding and patience during these most unexpected and difficult times. I, like you, would much prefer for us to have our complete traditional end of the year activities and festivities. However, things will look a little different this year and different does not always have to be a bad thing. Life certainly sends us all unexpected twists and turns, and we are choosing to embrace these. We are striving to make all of the appropriate adjustments and keep the academic school’s traditions as close as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me. What an honor it is to serve as your headmaster!