Dear SGA Families,
I wanted to thank each one of you for your patience and support during this unusual time in our lives. As an educator, you never think that something other than summer would take place to make school break for so long. With that said, I am so proud of our teachers, our students and our parents. You all have been incredibly awesome! THANK YOU!! This is a scary time in our world, but thankfully we all can put our total trust in Jesus Christ. I assure you that through God, good will come from all of this.
As we come to the end of the year, we will try our best to make the best out of this situation. I want to share a few updates:
- The last day of virtual learning for seniors will be Friday, May 1st. Seniors, you will still have to finish dual enrollment classes. There will be no senior exams.
- The last day of virtual learning for K3-11thgrades will be Friday, May 8th. There will be no semester exams.
- Senior graduation is still set for Thursday, May 21st, at 8:00 p.m. in the Wayne Proffitt Gymnasium. More info. on this graduation and how it will work will come out soon from Mrs. Becky Gordon. If we cannot have it on May 21st, we will reschedule to a later date.
- Info. on K5 graduation will come out soon.
- We will have an Honor’s Day/Athletic Program coming out on video in the next few weeks.
- We will also schedule a time to have a locker clean out/book turn in day later in May or June.
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to navigate these uncharted waters. If you have any questions or comments, please give me a call or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.