Parents, Alumni, Grandparents, and to whomever else it may concern,
An amazing opportunity for both you and Southwest Georgia Academy is now here! It has never been easier. We are talking about Georgia Student Scholarship Organization. Come to the Joe Bryan Auditorium at SGA, September 8th at 6:30, for clarification over any questions you may have, and to very briefly learn all about the GASSO.
The Georgia Student Scholarship Organization basically enables you to redirect your Georgia income taxes away from the government and instead back to SGA. The Georgia QEE Tax Credit Program allows individuals, married couples and businesses to claimdollar-for-dollar tax credits on their Georgia income tax for scholarship donations made through a qualified SSO, up to the following limits:
- For individuals who are single, up to $1,000;
- For individuals who are married, up to $1,250;
- For married couples filing jointly, up to $2,500;
- For C Corporations, up to 75 percent of their Georgia income tax liability;
- For members of limited liability corporations (LLCs), shareholders in Subchapter ‘S’ corporations, and partners in partnerships, up to $10,000.
For more information go to their website at: http://www.georgiasso.us/ .
Remember this is money you will have to pay for taxes anyways... So why not direct it toward SGA.
Director of Development
Southwest Georgia Academy
(239) 822.0909 BenNobles@sgawarriors.com